Anonymous asked: is it ok to just put eyeliner on the outer half of your upper eyelid? [not all the way to the inner corner of the eye]
Absolutely! I think it’s actually a lot more flattering this way sometimes, particularly on round eyes, it can create a far sexier, feline effect than lining all the way around.
I solemnly swear I will update this blog and answer people’s questions soon.
You can do them with pretty much any colors you like, but I chose to do a light pink to dark orange gradient. Click on the pictures to see what shades I used!
I chose to do them slightly differently to the tutorials I’ve seen on youtube in which they put all three colors on the sponge at once and roll - I found it easier to build the gradient one color at a time.
You will need:
- 2-3 nail polish colors
- Base/top coat
- Sponge (any makeup sponge will do)
- Little plastic tray or something similar to use as a palette
Here’s how to do it:
- I started off with a base coat and then one coat of the light pink all over the nail.
- Once that was dry I dabbed the light orange halfway up each nail using a sponge
- Once again, after that layer dried I sponged on the dark orange shade to the very tips of my nails
- I then went in with the light orange again to help blend where the dark orange began
- I also went back in with the light pink again to ensure a smooth gradient from pink to light orange
- Once it was dry, I painted over with a top coat and cleaned up around the edges
These nails are so simple and easy to achieve, and you could do them with basically whatever colors you want.
I think you could get away with using just two colors if you blended them thoroughly by layering the colors where they meet.
I’m really loving the ombre nails trend at the moment. I did it recently and it’s surprisingly easy!